5 questions to discover your passion.
New Year’s Day, 2017. We were lounging on the couch after an amazing hot breakfast with our little family. Naturally, I felt this was the perfect time to discuss my life purpose with my husband. Isn’t that what everyone does on New Year’s Day?!?
I knew in my heart brush lettering was something I wanted to dedicate more time to. If I had to label it, I would say it was one of my life passions.
“A year from now, you will wish you had started today.”
These words from Karen Lamb appeared in my newsfeed on the same day. Her words got me excited and inspired with ideas, possibilities and goals.
I scripted the words START NOW which became my new intention to kick off 2017. I started to fill up a journal with ideas, actions and lists.
I am looking forward to more time lettering, designing and blogging. So many ideas and projects waiting to be started!
5 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF TO DISCOVER YOUR PASSION/S:
- What do the people/businesses you follow on social media have in common? ie. photography, home interiors, fitness, illustration?
- What topics interest and intrigue so much that you ALWAYS click on related links and read it immediately?
- What discussion topics gets your heart racing excitedly especially when you meet someone with the same interest as you? ie. cooking, low tox living, macrame, clean eating etc
- When you look at the people you admire, what are they doing or experiencing that you would like to bring into your own life? ie. they are teaching workshops, they are building a photography business, they have designed a veggie garden
- What would you spend more time doing if you didn’t have to work and everyday was the weekend 😉 ? ie. create art for the fun of it, write the book you’ve written already in your head, or build an empire…a book, artwork,
Remember, finding your passion/dream/goal does not mean you have to give up a secure job to pursue your passion full time. It might just mean making the time to do MORE of it for your own happiness. Why not start NOW?